TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

True Colour confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slysven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: True Colour confusion Reply with quote

I think there is a problem with how you have specified how True Colour is defined with, for instance:
Code:
\033[38;2;rrr;ggg;bbbm

If you refer to the master document for "ANSI" encoding T-REC-T.416-199303-I {a PDF file} and look on page 49 (of 77) - numbered as page 41, you can see that the separator after the 38 should be the (reserved) ':' colon character. This is necessary I think so that a 38 or 48 SGR code be combined with others / each other, remembering of course that any omitted parameter element takes on the value of 0 (zero) so that, say:
Code:
\033[38:2:255;48:2:0:255;9;3m
would be a valid SGR indicating Red foreground on a Green background with crossed-out, italic text. {Though TinTin++ does not support Struck/Crossed out text}...

Importantly, a 38 or a 48 sequence can contain up to 6 values afterwards - although you are probably safe to forget the fourth value as it is only used for the black value for a 38:4 or 48:4 CMYK 36-bit colour value; the fifth value is an integer "tolerance" value and the last is either 0 for the default CIELUV colour space or 1 for the later CIELAB one.

Last edited by Slysven on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone has seriously looked at the old documentation in a long time.

\e[38;2;rrr;ggg;bbbm is how xterm implemented the option, and a good number of terminals have followed suit.

The WinTin++ terminal supports strikethrough text, but it's probably not supported on most Linux terminals.
Slysven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is mandatory to get "truecolor" to work on TinTin++ for there to be three more integer numbers between 0 and 255 after the 38 or 48 and then the 2? Normally on SGR sequences zero values can be omitted - though I cannot recall whether that means the corresponding ';' needs to remain or perhaps it, too, can be dropped if there are no following non-zero values?

I am aware that the client I'm coding for currently does the '5' (256-colour) but I've not got around to added the '2'/3'/'4' (24-bit RGB/24-bit CMY/36-bit CMYK) support in...
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current MTTS standard doesn't allow for any exceptions.

http://tintin.sf.net/mtts

http://tintin.sf.net/info/truecolor

Very little information is available, but it's my understanding that 3 integers are mandatory for most terminals.

Are the 38;3 and 38;4 options documented anywhere? First I've heard of it.
Slysven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See that PDF link I referred to in an earlier post (and which I added to the Wikipedia ANSI Escape Codes entry as well - Blink)

Scandum wrote:
The current MTTS standard doesn't allow for any exceptions.
Did I delete something that you are referring to - I thought I did say something but I may have edited/reposted and wiped it by accident - for some reason - possibly NoScript/Request policy FireFox add-ons related - the post "Preview" function does not work for me so I have to submit and edit if necessary. Nope

Anyhow, I will raise a couple of questions about that in another topic.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slysven wrote:
Did I delete something that you are referring to

What I mean is that the truecolor definition MTTS links to is pretty strict, and I'm not planning to add any exceptions because I think that would complicate something that so far is pretty straight forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: