TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Switching between different maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Switching between different maps Reply with quote

I am using a separate map for each area, and I would like to be able to switch between them on the fly as I move.

The way I am doing this at the moment is by using a combination of the leave roomflag and triggers set for room titles to load the next map. Is there a better way to do this that I'm missing?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use one map and set the 'hide' roomflag at the entrance of an area to seperate it from the rest of the world.

If you don't want to autowalk between areas you could also set the 'avoid' roomflag.

Other than that there aren't many options, but feel free to make suggestions for improvements.
outside

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm already running into trouble with a couple of room titles being the same, and so confusing my triggers. It hasn't happened much, but enough to cause me some problems. However, the roomhide flag is helping me out quite a bit, for the more complicated maps.

Would it be possible to have a feature where a room in one map links to a room in different map? Otherwise I have to use one giant map for the whole mud. Maybe that's what I'll end up doing. Will this slow the client down at all?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A large map shouldn't be an issue as long as it stays under 40.000 rooms.

I'll look into adding a crawler to find rooms, so the avoid flag can be used to only search rooms within an area.
outside

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, I will say that tintin++ is one of the fastest clients that I've used. (plus it compiles fast) Thumbs Up

So, I might as well push the software to the limits to see how it performs with a massive map. The only thing that worries me is making sure I keep the thing backed up properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: