TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Stationary/Static/Z-mud style command line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fwah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Stationary/Static/Z-mud style command line Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find any mention of this by searching the forums, but please redirect me if it's been mentioned elsewhere.

Is there a way to get a command prompt/line that doesn't get broken and forced into the scroll-back? If so, is it possible to set it up so that it has the same features as the prompt in Zmud, such as:

- up arrow scrolls through command history?
- shift-tab complete finishes your word with the last matching occurrence in scroll-back?
- tab expands an alias in the command line?

I've gotten sick of Zmud/Cmud bugging out and/or screwing up my settings randomly, so I'm looking for an alternative client. It's really hard for me to consider using tintin and/or wintin without these features! I appreciate any help Smile
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use #split to create an input field, and #prompt to place your prompt on the split line. Use #split 0 0, if you don't want the split line.

Arrow up/down should scroll through the command history, most readline features are implemented.

There's no expansion of words based on the scrollback buffer, but you could add some generic triggers to create tabs with the #tab command. For example: #act {%0 tells you '%1'} {#tab %0}

Same story for aliases, you can create a file with tabs for all commands/names/aliases you want to tab complete.

I added shift-tab completion based on the scrollback buffer to my todo list, not going to implement it anytime soon though.
fwah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thank you.

However, currently using WinTin and the arrows don't scroll through history.

Another feature I'm curious about is the ability to store the last command on the command line so it can be easily repeated.
titeuf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arrows keys should work by default as far as I know, don't know if there are lots of differences between the windows version or not that could break this. There's also Control+N and Control+P to scroll through the history (can change which keys with #cursor)

And to repeat your last command: turn #config repeat on. With this enabled if you don't type anything in the command line and press enter, you'll repeat your last command. And if you need to send a blank line to the mud, use #cr.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what tituf said, but to clarify:

You probably changed the default keyboard settings of the terminal wintin++ uses, or possibly your mud sends out a VT100 code that resets the terminal application mode.

Type #cursor to see a list of the default bindings.

To enable history searching with the arrow keys type:

#config convert on

#macro {<press arrow up>} {#cursor history prev}
#macro {<press arrow down>} {#cursor history next}

#macro {<press arrow left>} {#cursor backward}
#macro {<press arrow right>} {#cursor forward}

#config convert off

Next add the 4 macros with the generated input codes to your script file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: