TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Question about variables in lists...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drenesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Question about variables in lists... Reply with quote

I have a list of people that can order me to do stuff via tells...

I have a static list of people, and I want to add in whoever I'm following at the current time... I call the variable $tank... here's the list (names removed to protect the innocent):

Code:
#VARIABLE         {authUsers}             { {$tank} {sam} {joe} {Albert} {george} {jordan} {mel} {gracie} {frankie} {wanda} {fishhead}}

and here's how its used:

Code:
#ACTION           {%0 tells you: "do %1"}  {#list {authUsers} {fnd} {%0} {tmp};#IF {$tmp > 0} {%1} {tell %0 Sorry, you are not authorized.}}  {5}

but the $tank variable never gets parsed it appears, as the person assigned to the $tank variable can't order me to do anything.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance Smile
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't store variables inside variables, you could try the following though:

Code:

#ACTION           {%0 tells you: "do %1"}  {#list {authUsers} {fnd} {%0} {tmp};#IF {$tmp > 0 || "%0" == "$tank"} {%1} {tell %0 Sorry, you are not authorized.}}  {5}

Another option is reserving the first item of the list for the tank and use: #list authUsers set 1 $tank whenever you switch tanks.
drenesh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Thanks :) Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Smile

I hadn't realized that you could use C style "or" switches. Smile Good to know Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: