TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Problems with WinTin++

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Problems with WinTin++ Reply with quote

Hey, this program seems pretty nifty, so I am trying to use it to telnet to a windows computer (because normal telnet is too painful).

I've constructed a .tin file that logs me in automatically, but when I attempt to use a macro, like

Code:
#macro {\C-d} {exit}

I just get

Code:
C:\>^D
'.' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The macros seem to work when I am not connected to a server.

When I use #split, there is a problem with the output. If I type a '#' followed by a command, the text appears at the bottom of the screen, and seems to work okay.

Code:
C:\>
#the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

But when I type a normal command, it appears at the 3rd line from the bottom, and is formatted oddly. On my local computer, it looks like this (me typing 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' without hitting enter)

Code:
z    hetquicktbr wnofoxojump soversthesla yzdog

On the computer I am trying to use it on, it looks like this:
Code:
tthtthetthttheqtthtthetthtthequtthtthetthttheqtthtthetthtthequitthtthetthttheqtt
htthetthtthequtthtthetthttheqtthtthetthtthequick

I only typed 'the quick' that time. Any ideas? The first problem I have no idea about, the second one only that it might trying to use some special terminal code that is not working, since in the second example it outputs (reformatted):

Code:
t
t
h
tth
e
tthtthe
q
tthtthettheq

So every time I hit a character, it echos the character and all output before that character.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#split won't work in character mode so there's little I can do about that.

The problem with macros in character mode was a bug, I fixed it for the next release.
klar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! So character mode is necessary for this connection, right? Is there any way to use the command history? I tried Ctrl+R and such things and could get nothing useful to happen.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The command history and aliases won't work because each character you type is directly send to the server. You could use arrow up and down to use Window's command history however.

If you hit enter and press # you'll enter line mode till you hit enter again, and pressing ctrl-r and other default macros should work, but the command history will only hold the tintin commands used for that session. To execute an alias you could use: #1 'alias name'.
klar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well part of the reason I wanted a better client is because up and down don't work. And even in a normal windows command shell, there's no history between sessions. So I'm not really sure what I need, I guess I want windows telnet to work like linux, and have automatic login. TinTin++ will do the automatic login, and I guess ^D to exit using macros. If I had control over the servers maybe I could make it give me zsh as my shell with cygwin or something, but that's clearly not going to happen.

So I guess I have 3 choices now: find a different client, modify TinTin, or write my own. Thanks for the help in any case.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it you can do the following as well after connecting:

#cursor {echo} on

Which should enable line mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: