TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Malformed escape sequences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brider

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Malformed escape sequences Reply with quote

I am using tt++ to connect to a "non standard" MUD -- it's built on a custom engine and is normally played via a custom client connecting to said custom server.

This MUD sends malformed escape sequences such as the following:

(esc)L
(esc)R
(esc)P

whenever these are sent to tt++, it freezes up and I'm unable to do anything -- I have to ctrl+D twice to kill the terminal window.

Are there any user solutions that would prevent tt++ from freezing when receiving these escape codes? For all intents and purposes if tt++ could just ignore or gag the lines with those escape sequences, that would be sufficient.

I've tried gagging or substituting the escape sequences but I haven't gotten anything to work properly. It might be that, as soon as tt++ receives the malformed sequences, it freezes.

Any ideas on how to make tt++ handle these gracefully?
brider

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the entire terminal freezes up, not tt++. When using 'xterm' and not 'xfce4-term' for my terminal, I'm able to connect and interact fine with the mud.

However, there should still be a way to capture malformed escape sequences and gag them.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be possible to use a color substitution. Something like:

#sub {~%1\eL%2} {%1%2}

Use: #config convert on, to see what kind of escape codes are received.
brider

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent! thanks, that worked well. I used:

#sub {~%1\e%2} {%1%2}
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: