TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Wildcards in #highlight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Wildcards in #highlight Reply with quote

I'm looking to create highlights for people with names that might appear in other text. For example, to highlight a char named Hob with #high {Hob}{red}

Hob the Male Human
Bilbo the Male Hobbit

Hob gets highlighted, but Hobbit does too.

I can create a highlight #high {Hob }{red}, but if he titles something like Lord Hob, master of dread
or
Hob'Knob
Then the highlight doesn't work.

For each player I'm highlighting I can create a highlight for expected names (Hob )(Hob,)(Hob-) etc, but was wondering if there was a builtin way to handle this without creating so many highlights for each person I'm watching for. Something like #high {Hob[ ,-]}{red}

Thanks,
Steve
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no support for wildcards inside triggers. Due to the nature of the highlight command and the way tintin deals with triggers it's difficult to add as well. I'm planning to have a serious look at it, but not in the near future.

There are possible ways to work around it with color triggers though. You could use:

#sub {~%0Hobbit%1} {%0Ho\e[8mbbit%1}
#high {~Hob} {red}

This will change the text in a non visable way on most terminals, while making it untriggerable for the highlight.

Asuming there are only a couple of names that give trouble a few subs like that could do the job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: