TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

#split "fails" every so often

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karvec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: #split "fails" every so often Reply with quote

Not sure what causes it, but sometimes a "ghost" prompt will appear-- I typically run #split 0 2 and have an hpbar prompt setup on line 1, but sometimes the prompt will appear on line 2 and "erase" the border between the mud output and the command line-- To fix it, I have to type in #split 0 2 and it clears line 2, however, it's very annoying to have to do this all the time-- Is there any code that I may have scripted wrong to cause it to do this? Thanks alot in advance!!

~karvec
karvec

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have fixed it, it only seemed to happen when ANSI code ran into each other, i.e. displaying score or guild score -- Was reading Balthus's post on packet patch/fragmentation and decided to try adding a newline to my prompt, seems to be working well so far. Kind of annoying having that extra line, but life goes on!!
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's caused by your terminal not handling \e\e correctly, always an option to find something better if you're not partial to it. I added a little hack though that'll fix this issue for the next release.

If your mud supports IAC GA (config option on some muds) that'll work as well in combination with the packet patch option.

Another option might be a stricter prompt trigger.
karvec

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but what other terminals are available? I've tried xterm, gnome-terminal, and terminator, and kind of discouraged by all of them. A tty works good but is slightly laggy.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rxvt is an option for a fast terminal emulator.
ikrabbe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandum wrote:
rxvt is an option for a fast terminal emulator.

not that rxvt does any better (framed in a screen session though)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: