TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Trigger's don't always fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chicomecoatl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Trigger's don't always fire Reply with quote

Strange behavior, and usually rare -- but sometimes when i'm playing my mud, i see the message that i know a trigger is firing off of, and nothing happens and then if i #show the same message, or do a command mudside that gives the same response it will fire again.

Is there anything i need to change in my setting to fix this, or is it just something else?

WinTin++ 2.00.4 on this computer, and TinTin++ 2.00.4 on my ArchLinux computer, and it happens in both. (also happens in Ubuntu.)
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using #config {packet patch} ?
Chicomecoatl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, what would be the preferred setting to put it to?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on latency, but typically between 0.5 and 1.0.

If your mud allows enabling GA that'll be helpful to get prompts to update right away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: