TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

WinTin++ overusing memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chicomecoatl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: WinTin++ overusing memory Reply with quote

Hi. Just wondering why and how I ended up with 5 different processes called TinTin++ * 32.

I only had one tintin++ running, and killed the processes off except for the topmost one and it cleared them off, and give me back 90% physical memory.

The only reason i even thought to look was that the computer was acting a little laggy, so pulled up task manager and looked at the performance and saw that i was at 99.27% RAM usage, and considering i'm running on 8 gigs of ram, thought that VERY odd. The processes that i killed off, the tintin ones, each were consuming up to 2 gigs of ram (some at 1, and the actual process at 1/3 GB).

If it's something i've done somehow, i'd like to know what the issue is so i can fix it. Thought i'd post here, as i'm sure it's happened to others besides me, and if not i might be able to prevent it happening
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a bug with Cygwin as WinTin++ runs within the Cygwin environment. Using #end (guess you could macro it) rather than the window (which is Cygterm) should guarantee that the process gets killed.

For convenience you could set a default macro to #end when pressing ctrl-q
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: