TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Which *nix terminal to use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slysven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Which *nix terminal to use? Reply with quote

In the past I've noted that people were having fun with their numeric keypads and function keys that seemed to depend on what environment they were running TinTin++ in. Well I found this item by the current author of "xterm" which shows some useful information about emulating VT220 terminals and how well some emulators do (or don't) achieve it.
http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html

I was thinking of adding a poll to this post to see what terminals people are using for TinTin++ (including inside a cygwin environment on a WinTel PC). Then I started to research the choices available and barfed on the wide range that came up!

Perhaps people could append here any terminals that they USE for it that earlier posters have NOT mentioned.

This does touch upon "Some questions about your Terminal Emulator" that Scandum asked in the Announcement area of the Forum but looking into it the behaviour that was being looked at there could depend heavily on the terminal type selected and various configuration options...

For starters I will list:
    [not used now:] WinTin++ using supplied Mintty console on Windows XP
    rvxt {2.7.10}, current Cgywin on Windows XP
    xterm {-version reports: Cygwin 6.8.99.903(261)}, current Cgywin on Windows XP

The last two both have the enviroment variable $TERM set to 'xterm'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: