TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

#FORMAT addition: print character (string) multiple times?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is this a feature that I would like and use?
Yes - I want this.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No - I do not want this.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Don't care - I don't mind either way.
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Answer a poll! - Don't bother me with this ****.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Huh? - What are you talking about?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Slysven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: #FORMAT addition: print character (string) multiple times? Reply with quote

I was cobbling together a bargraph display last night and realised I had to use a loop to add each character to a variable to build it up. Is there any merit to the idea of a #FORMAT code that could say take an integer numeric argument and repeat the item that followed it that many times. The most programmatically logical arrangement I could see would either multiple the %item or the literal character following the code (I suggest %X for "multiplication") - this would enable the following sort of action, [with requirement that 0 does not print item at all]:

Code:
#FORMAT {test} {%X%s} {3} {Testing...}
#SHOWME $test
Testing...Testing...Testing...

#VARIABLE status[heath_units] 3
#VARIABLE status[heath_units_max] 8
#FORMAT {test} {Heath: %X#%X_} {$status[heath_units]} {$status[heath_units_max]-$status[heath_units]}
#SHOWME $test
Heath: ###_____

Do others think this would be bloat, or of some use?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: