TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

pcre installed but libpcre.so.0 missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yugo4k

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: pcre installed but libpcre.so.0 missing Reply with quote

I installed TinTin++ for the 5th or 6th time now (yeah, tell me about testing distros) and THIS time I had a different problem still.

I got pcre and zlib installed alright, and from configure to make install everything went smooth. But when running tt++, it complained that libpcre.so.0 was missing. So I came to the forum and found Scandum's suggestion to configure with the following arguments:
Code:
./configure --includedir=/usr/local/include --libdir=/usr/local/lib

even though he also said it should already check these folders by default.

Still, voila: it worked like a charm. Thought I should let others know, so there it is, if you have the same problem, just configure again with these arguments, make anb make install.
absamide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have just recently done the install methods and have found that I am getting this very error. Even with telling it to configure with the appropriate directories it refuses to find it.

So do I need to link this somewhere or is there something else I am missing to get this installed?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got pcre but make can't find it check pcre-config --libs and use ./configure -libdir=<dir provided by pcre-config> - though I'm not 100% sure that's the correct way to go about it.
absamide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate it, but sadly that didn't help either. I run that command and get:

~/Downloads/tt/src $ pcre-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -lpcre

So it is pointing me back to the exact same spot.

No matter what I do, it appears it refuses to work. I also believe I am my own worst enemy in this case. I am running Mint 12 and had installed it with the Ubuntu package which did work, but installed the 2.00.5 instead of 8 so I removed it and tried installing it with compilation.

Shortly after that is when things refused to work correctly. I suspect I added or subtracted something that is causing my issues. Since I really have no clue what I did, or why this isn't finding the files exactly where they are supposed to be makes me think I might have to resort to something more drastic.
absamide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea currently why it is refusing to take the correct directory, but I created a link named libpcre.so.0 in /usr/lib and pointed it to /usr/local/lib/libpcre.so.0.0.1 and now it starts up.

I have not investigated any more to try and understand why it doesn't want to use the appropriate directory, but for now the application appears to be starting correctly.

Thanks for the ideas and direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: