TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

[BUG?] Unexpected #EVENT triggering...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slysven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: [BUG?] Unexpected #EVENT triggering... Reply with quote

I found that when I used a #SYSTEM call to fire up another terminal window (to run another instance of TinTin++ in it), an #EVENT {SCREEN RESIZED} is fired off in the original TinTin++ instance. Is this as expected / desired? Confused

This is under Cygwin on an Wintel XP box using "xterm" as my terminal with a mutant 2.00.9 TinTin++ (well perhaps not so much mutant as cancerous as it has odd growths in several places....! ) Smirk
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's little I can do about that.
Slysven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, does that mean that it would happen for others and it is inherent in the way that, is it "signals"(?) are handled by the "Window Manager"(?) and that is the cause?

I can live with it, I was just unexpected for it to happen... Neutral
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tintin refreshes the terminal after calling system, as certain system call can mess up the terminal, and that appears to trigger the screen resize signal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: