TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Problems with german umlauts (1.96.5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brggle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Problems with german umlauts (1.96.5) Reply with quote

Hi,
at first I want to thank you for the tt++ development - pretty nice client,

but as the readline support was replaced I have problems with the german umlauts (special chars), like -->They result in strange chars like '\[23" or something which makes the prompt impossible to read and even ahrder to correct, as it prints out 4 chars, but you have to remove only one.

-->I suggest the best thing would be to just ignore them (i.e. all non ascii chars) as most muds don't use them anyways.
I don't need them either, but I misstype them quite often because they are next to l for look, # for tt++ ....

Would be nice if you could fix that Smile

The 2. change request is that you should be able to use page up/down for scrolling and pos1/end to jump to the beginning/end of the line instead of jumping to the beginning/end of the output, as it was in former versions of tintin++

regards
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid problems like these would show up.

I'm not entirely sure how to fix this however. You could edit input.c and comment out line 148 to 153, let me know if that does the trick since it's non essential code. Possibly they exist of more than 1 character which could be rather difficult to deal with, though you could use ctrl-w to delete the last word whenever you typo.

Regarding the second issue, it looks like I'll need your terminals keybindings for page-up and down. Turn on #config convert and give me the key sequences please so I can add them to the list of default bindings.

The home and end key are supposed to scroll the scrollback buffer to the home and end position. To change their behavior use:

#macro {home key sequence} {#cursor home}
#macro {end key sequence} {#cursor end}
brggle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your fast reply.

Regarding the umlauts issue, your bugfix didn't work Smile

Regarding up/down it works correctly ( \e[5~ \e[6~) so you don't need to change anything here Smile

And the macro thing worked too Smile

The keysequences for are
\C-#\C- \C-#\C- \C-#\C- Smile so three times the same somehow or �[1@�[1@�[1@

The problem with deleting a word is that these chars create 4 chars in the prompt, but you can only delete 1 of them visually -- so your input _seems_ to be messed up even if correct Smile

regards,
Peter
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brggle wrote:

The keysequences for are
\C-#\C- \C-#\C- \C-#\C- Smile so three times the same somehow or ?[1@?[1@?[1@

Odd that they're all outputted the same. What might work in your case is adding #macro {\C-#\C- } {#nop}
brggle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, your idea was good, but somehow the different keys have different key sequences:)
Code:

#MACRO {\C-#}={#nop} @ {}

Strange enough Smile but works for the moment --- however I'm not sure how I can write that into my ttrc file

Any ideas?
Valance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With rxvt, urxvt and eterm I get:

\C-# for
\C-# for
\C-# for
\C-# for

But with your #macro idea it works great Smile
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brggle wrote:

Strange enough Smile but works for the moment --- however I'm not sure how I can write that into my ttrc file

Any ideas?

Copy-pasting the key combinations Valence gave should do the trick I think.

From the looks of it they're 2 byte characters which is tricky to deal with. Easiest would probably be to treat all characters as 2 byte characters, but I guess I would need a german keyboard to actually test this stuff?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: