TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Void rooms in path not flagged as such.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slysven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Void rooms in path not flagged as such. Reply with quote

I may not be playing with the latest code version (I'm working with a hacked 2.00.8 version) but has there been any changes to the path finding code that would cause the ROOM_FLAG_PATH to be set for VOID rooms in the path? Its been bugging me for a bit that only normal rooms get highlighted this way - I suppose there could be issues in unflagging such void rooms as we move through them but is this a bug or an undocumented software feature? Blink
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably something I don't really want to mess with as the mapping code is overly complex as it is. I'll add it to my todo list though.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked at this. Void rooms don't get highlighted as they are drawn as exits.

I don't really see any odd behavior?
Slysven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in some places I have used some long sections of void rooms to correctly link rooms. In some situations the other end of a link like this may even be off-screen (hence my other, now solved with a bit of hackery, request to have some way of finding out the non-void room at the end of a line of void ones) in such a situation it is informative to have the whole route, void rooms as well as non-void ones, highlighted as it make it easier to trace it out.

Thanks for looking at this matter, IIRC I had a sort of code work around by creating a second tunnel_void() type function that I used after a route was found that set the PATH flag on the given route but it wasn't, I think, the most optimum solution to address this issue, if, an issue, you feel it could be? Big Smile
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is not so much setting the path flag, but having to color the exits in the map drawing routine.

I'm not really in the mood to add 100 lines of code to handle all that. I don't see a clean or easy way to implement this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: