TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Accessing input data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Accessing input data Reply with quote

It'd be cool if there was a way to read/change input data.

I could see a #FORMAT for getting the current input line. I dunno if there are complications to, well, complicate things, but it was easy enough to write in a hack to the do_format function, and add it in there; the first time I ran it, I got some weird behavior, but it was gone when I tried reproducing it. @_@

Eg. something to send the current input line out via chat, assuming %i got the input line:
#macro {key} {
#format {input} {%i};
#chat {message} {all} {$input};
#cursor {clear line};
}

Given that you can already clear the line via #CURSOR, adding in a way to input a string via a #CURSOR command might be sufficient too. This might also be handy for sending unicode characters, or other commonly used strings, via a #macro or something like that.

Eg. an input-swap button
#macro {key} {
#var {tempinput} {${input}};
#format {input} {%i};
#cursor {clear line};
#cursor {INPUT STRING} {$tempinput};
}
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could add a #cursor option to copy the current input line to a variable. I'll add it to the todo list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: