TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

VARIABLE UPDATE Event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valenin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: VARIABLE UPDATE Event Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, if so I apologize in advance.

I had some trouble getting the new VARIABLE UPDATE events in 2.01.0 working. The command "#EVENT {VARIABLE UPDATE} {#SHOWME {Foo.};};" results in the output "#EVENT {VARIABLE UPDATE} IS NOT AN EXISTING EVENT."

Eventually I tracked it back to the source. It looks like there were some dev/testing warts left in the release and removing them makes things appear to function as documented. The changes I found to work are as follows:

$ diff -r tt tt.fixed
diff -r tt/src/nest.c tt.fixed/src/nest.c
380c380
< check_all_events(root->ses, SUB_ARG, 1, 2, "VARIABLE UPDATE %s", name, name, arg2);
---
> check_all_events(root->ses, SUB_ARG, 1, 2, "VARIABLE UPDATE", name, name, arg2);
diff -r tt/src/tables.c tt.fixed/src/tables.c
849c849
< { "VARIABLE UPDATE ", "Triggers on a variable update." },
---
> { "VARIABLE UPDATE", "Triggers on a variable update." },

If these are unnecessary and I'm missing something set me straight. Otherwise, I thought you'd like to know.
Valenin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon further inspection, it may be just me. I'd assumed the event was to trigger on a variable update and then it was my responsibility to decide in the handler what to do based on %0.

I hadn't thought of adding the variable name to 'watch' to the event name, and for anyone as confused as I was the following works:

#EVENT {VARIABLE UPDATE foo} {#SHOWME {Variable %0 updated from $%0 to %1.};};
#EVENT {VARIABLE UPDATE foo} HAS BEEN SET TO {#SHOWME {Variable %0 updated from $%0 to %1.};}.
#variable foo bar
Variable foo updated from blah to bar.
#OK. VARIABLE {foo} HAS BEEN SET TO {bar}.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about a generic variable update event, but figured it'd be a waste of cpu power.

#help event hints at how to use the event, and others like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: