TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

ANSI Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atraeyu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: ANSI Help Reply with quote

On the MUD I play on, I enable ANSI on the server side.

You then configure on the server side what colors you want different elements to be, for example:

Code:

colour tell green default
colour player yellow default
colour said magenta default

The first color is the foreground colour and the second colour is the background colour.

You can also use add bold and underline to foreground colors.

If I use plain foreground colours (as shown above) everything works right in tintin.

However, if I specify a background colour (as opposed to "default") the colour continues until the next object, so I get huge lines of empty coloured text that extend to the right-hand side of the window.

Additionally, if I specify "bold" or "underline" in any of the foreground colours that bleeds into everything, forever (until I close the session).

I.E. if I specify something like:
Code:

colour room_name boldwhite default

Then as soon as I "see" a room name, every single piece of text will be bold from then on (until I close the session).

Any ideas what is going on and how I might fix it?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try #config {color patch} on
atraeyu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandum wrote:
You could try #config {color patch} on

Thanks! Bold and underline in foreground colours now work perfectly - background colours still don't, but I didn't really want to use those anyway. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: