TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

#map goto <roomname>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wstopek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: #map goto <roomname> Reply with quote

First of all I would like to thank you for update. Anyway, I've got some problem with "#map goto {name}" command in new Wintin++ 2.01.0 ver.

My startup locations are named by three letter words eg. nov, wyz, car etc. In previous Wintin++ releases command "#map goto nov" led me to a town called Novigrad(where I wanted to be), now Wintin++ 2.01.0 is looking for longer words in the first place eg. novi, wyzima, carbo etc.
I tried to add a bracket to the command "#map goto {nov}" but it does not work too.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#map goto nov$ will do the trick.

Guess I should fix that though.
wstopek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much.

Update:
I just noticed that in many cases, the command #map list <roomname> returns distance info: "-1.000", especially at distances greater than 70 rooms.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1 means a room is out of range or cannot be reached.
wstopek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand. I would like to know whether is this just a bug or intended range reduction of this option in new mapper system? Smile In ver. 2.00.9, from this same places, it works at distances grater than 200 rooms.
In 2.01.0 "#map find <roomname>" highlights the way to distant targets well, but #map list <roomname> doesn't work in this same situations.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a bug, I'll take a look at the range issue.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably need a copy of your map file to figure this out. Hard to recreate the problem.
Slysven

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC the maximum distance was around 500 but was that 500 room to room steps or a total (cumulative) room/exit weights limit - and has that changed (or maybe I'd hacked the maximum in my copy of the code)? Actually, as I've been poking around in the innards of a different MUD client for a while rather than playing/using TinTin++ I've forgotten - does TinTin++ have weightings for exits or just for the rooms themselves?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weights are just for rooms. Can set the AVOID exit flag which is a weight of sorts.

Total search volume should be a radius of 4000 rooms, which would take over a million rooms to exhaust. Maximum path length is 1000 rooms.
Slysven

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that clears it up then.

On the client I'm currently coding on a non-null exit-weight overrides the room-weight of either the room that the exit leads from or to (off the top of my head I think it is the "from" one). The down side I suspect to that feature difference is that the route searching is not as fast as TinTin++'s. Cool

For TinTin++ the AVOID exitflag will, I guess, behave as a weight of ∞ on that exit.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I add exit weights they'll most likely be added to the room weight.

Last time I checked the Zmud mapper was incredibly slow, not sure about other mappers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: