TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

old v1.8.6b features lost in newer version(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are any of these ideas worthwhile to others?
1. Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2. Neat ideas, but of no use to me personally.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3. Stupidest thing I've ever heard of, the current version is total perfection!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Smashemup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: old v1.8.6b features lost in newer version(s) Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time mudder who has been using tintin extensively since the early 90's. As such, I have used pretty much every feature in v1.86 extensively with fairly complicated scripts. My old Linux machine finally died and when i rebuilt the new one I was unable to compile the old version, despite emerging an old gcc compiler and the earliest version of readline I could find. Anyway, I think I've given up on compiling the old version and am working to edit my scripts to be compatible with the latest version.

Things missing that I would love to see in the current version, or if anyone has suggestions on how I can code around them.

1. Bring back the ticker in the lower right corner when in split mode. This thing would cound down from what ever you set the tick size at, and you would know exactly how long you had until the next tick. With the new version of ticker, you can get it to do a #showme at 10 seconds and on the tick, but sometimes it's nice to know how far you are from a tick. I have found no way to find out how far along the tick is. older version you could type #tick to get the count, or in split mode it would refresh, counting down from what ever size it was set to.

I have been playing around with things, and this is as close as I can come for my mud which has a 75 second ticksize:

#alias {tickset1} {#ticker {tick} {#delay 65 #showme #10 SECONDS TO #TICK!!!;#showme #TICK!!!} {75};tickset2}
#alias {tickset2} {#event {SECOND} {#if {$tickcount == 75} {#var tickcount 1} {#math {tickcount} {$tickcount+1}}}}
#event {SECOND} {#if {$tickcount == 75} {#var tickcount 1} {#math {tickcount} {$tickcount+1}}}
#alias tick #var tickcount

This gives me the 10 second warning as well as the tick notification, and an alias tick to get me how many seconds until next tick. I call the tickset1 alias upon a spell dropping so I can keep it in sync with the mud. I still would love the option of not having to build all this programatically.

2. #ifm command. #if {string1} {string2} then {something} else {something}
This is basically an if statement for string comparison. I haven't found a way to do it in the new version. If it can be done, please elaborate.

3. Aliases that can create actions with matching. For example:
#ALIAS {setstats} {#action {You have %1(%2) hit, %3(%4) mana and %5(%6) movement points.} {#var tothp %2;#var totman %4;#var totmv %6} {9};sc} @ {5}

this would turn on the action, capture the fully-regenned stat values, then I had a second action that would turn it off once set. My only alternative is to leave this action on all the time or manually kill it once I start a session.

4. Pattern matching on aliases and variables. As far as I can tell, the only way to see what aliases, variables or actions you have created is to list all of them. The older version allowd for pattern matching to bring back a subset. This was most useful for debugging or simply checing variable status. i.e. you have variables for needArmor, needBless, needSanctuary, etc/ You could type #var need* and it would display any spells you needed cast on your character. This is very handy if you have 50+variables defined and only want to see the ones relevant to spells (hence the naming convention). The only thing I could think of would be to programatically create an alias that would have a series of #if {$varname} {#showme $varname}} which is somewhat clunky but I guess would work.

Those are the first four things I miss the most from the older version, I will update this post as I have more time on .
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Can add the following showme to #event {SECOND}:
Code:

#showme {------------------------------------------------------------------------------$tickcount} {1}

2. You can compare two strings with the #regex command.

3. Try:
Code:

#ALIAS {setstats} {#action {You have %%1(%%2) hit, %%3(%%4) mana and %%5(%%6) movement points.} {#var tothp %%2;#var totman %%4;#var totmv %%6} {9};sc}

4. Pattern matching use the same regex matching as everything else. So you'd use:
Code:

#var need%*

See #help regex for other options.
Smashemup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fantastic! For some reason I was messing with #showme and it kept pushing text to the main window, essentially spamming/scrolling up the screen. I added your #showme to my existing #event and it works perfectly. My new tintin is finally starting to feel like home Thumbs Up

I wasn't familiar with the regex command but adding the % does in fact give me everything I need (so far). Thanks for this, I'm very glad I posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: