TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

MAP visualization issues and management

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerGod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: MAP visualization issues and management Reply with quote

I have seen that the visualization of the map often show adiacent rooms where them are not supposed to be, or maybe they just disappear, and when I change room their position changes again...

It's just a visual thing, because I can go in every one of them without problems, and the path functions works great.

I want to know if it's a known issue or maybe if I've done something wrong while drawing the map.

Another question, is there a visual editor that can edit tintin maps ?

Editing the text file by hand it's almost impossible without a visual hint... and a mouse can be very useful too for the purpose...

I made macros for every single map edit function, and it's very simple to modify it, I appreciated expecially that when a room is added to a path all the others linked are moved together...

But I made a big map, and then found out that at the center there were some unmapped paths, so I moved away all the others rooms to make space, and suddenly an overlapp mess was created in the out of screen rooms... I tried to save the situation moving away every single room by itself, but things just get worse...

So if there's a more simple way to manage big maps I'll be happy to know Smile
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frequent backups help. If your mud supports MSDP or GMCP mapping life will become a lot easier as well.

Might be you have two areas that overlap, can try to fix this using void rooms at the entrance of the area to move it further away from the rest of the world.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With "I moved away all the others rooms to make space" I was meaning that I used void rooms to push away those paths, but the rooms inside an area overlapped on others external rooms, and somehow the paths suddenly fused together in the wrong way... so adding more void rooms were just moving half of the rooms that should have been moved....

Unluckily the server doesn't supports other protocols...

I'll set up an automatic backup system.

Another question, is there a way to scroll the map without changing the selected room ?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No option to scroll, can use something like #map map 200x800 filename.txt to dump the map to file.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening the large dump with a text editor and taking away all the color codes did the job Smile

Anyway I'll have to look better at the properties of every room in some points of my map, because there are many areas that should be always visible, but instead I can see those rooms only when I'm near them...

EDIT: if someone is interested here is the command I use to remove all the color codes (works even on cygwin)

Code:

$ sed 's/'$(echo -e "\033")'[[0-9]*;[0-9]*m//g' DumpFileName.ext > NewFileName.ext
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have things neatly color coded you can also use: #config log html before you create the file, and view it in your browser.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating the file like this doesn't make it html:

Code:

#config log html
#map map 200x800 filename.html

I found a working solution using #SCAN and #LOG like this:

Code:

#map map 200x800 filename.txt
#config log html
#config wordwrap off
#log o filename.html
#scan filename.txt
#log off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: