TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

MAP state of flag static and dealing with run(server side)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerGod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: MAP state of flag static and dealing with run(server side) Reply with quote

How do I know if "#map flag static" is on or off ?

The problem is that I have to use #MAP UNDO to prevent the creation of a new room in a point where I cannot pass, but this works well if the map is NOT static (deleting the new created room)... otherwise, if the flag is ON, the UNDO command makes the pointer go in the previous room, and that's not good... so I need to give a condition to the UNDO execution based on that flag...

How do you deal with the RUN (server side) command ?
The automapper doesn't even recognise that command and the pointer remains still in the same room...
I can maybe put the pointer in the last room in that direction, but what if the run is interrupted by something in the middle of the road ?
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the answer to the first question here http://tintin.sourceforge.net/board/viewtopic.php?p=5173#5173
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use #map find to create a path, then use the #path command to walk it step by step.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understood correctly you are telling to use the path function instead of the run command ?

Because the problem in this case is that they work in a different manner...

There is a MOB in a straight path that can stop you if you are walking in the room (even if you are walking fast), but you can bypass it running, anyway if you lose all your move points the run can suddenly stop.

I'm thinking that maybe I can use the room title to find out the position, but I still don't have them in the map...

I still don't know how to grab color patterns, if I put them in an action them are not recognized...
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make a short cut in the mapper to use run.

#map dig {run north} {<vnum>}

You'll want to use the #map exitflag {run north} {hide} option so the map display doesn't get distorted.

If the run is interrupted you'll have to figure out how to get back on track.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool use of the dig option !! Smile
PowerGod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put here a note to remember a possible solution for the "interrupted run":

when the "run" command is issued, I can count all the room titles (looking at the color code) that are passing by... then if the "tired" message comes before the "wall" message, I can #MAP GOTO {initial room + counter}...

The path must have rooms with sequential numbers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: