TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

#map run delay bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xozes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: #map run delay bug? Reply with quote

I regularly want to run to rooms well over 500 rooms away, and the mud I play on disconnects if more than 500 commands are sent instantly.

However, if I add a delay, I can move just fine.

However, I've noticed that if I have the delay too short, the mapper seems to forget about the doors along the way, and I wind up going all over the place instead of through the doors.

If, however, I send it without a delay, it opens the doors just fine.

I have set the door rooms like such: #map exit n command {open north;n}

I do not have "nofollow" set on, so I am not sure what is going on.
Slysven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MUD doesn't require a delay between any of the "open <door>" and then the direction to go through it by any chance - or spam you and ignore a command with messages about "Can't you see the door is already wide open you fool?" it would only take one situation where it hiccups (or you encounter a mob that causes one of the movement command to not go through) to throw TinTin++'s/your script's idea of where it is to the reality in the Mud. The #map {run} with a delay just creates a series of one off timed commands to happen progressively further in the future from the start, each of which does one step in the "run" - so if you CAN detect this fail situation, one way to fix it is to abort the outstanding ones and redo the #map {run} from the {intermediate, new} starting point...
Xozes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slysven wrote:
The MUD doesn't require a delay between any of the "open <door>" and then the direction to go through it by any chance - or spam you and ignore a command with messages about "Can't you see the door is already wide open you fool?" it would only take one situation where it hiccups (or you encounter a mob that causes one of the movement command to not go through) to throw TinTin++'s/your script's idea of where it is to the reality in the Mud. The #map {run} with a delay just creates a series of one off timed commands to happen progressively further in the future from the start, each of which does one step in the "run" - so if you CAN detect this fail situation, one way to fix it is to abort the outstanding ones and redo the #map {run} from the {intermediate, new} starting point...

No. It sends the door commands at the wrong time, like several rooms after it -should- have.

There is also no delay required when moving, otherwise it wouldnt work fine when I move around on my own.

A similar issue I have: I am standing in front of a door to the north, but there's also an up and then a north there without a door.. if I quickly go up and north, it tries to open the door on the first floor before going north.

It always seems to work fine when I use no delay, however, and this is what has me stumped. it NOT queuing the commands, it's queuing the DIRECTIONS, on the delay, but on the no-delay it DOES queue the commands..
Slysven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone else seeking to check this out they could set a really large delay, say 100 or more, and then examine the queued up delayed commands - but I guess you have already done that...
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it works correctly when you use a bigger delay?

Might be a problem with the MUD. It might accept 1 big command line, but have issues with receiving a large number of small command lines.
Xozes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandum wrote:
So it works correctly when you use a bigger delay?

Might be a problem with the MUD. It might accept 1 big command line, but have issues with receiving a large number of small command lines.

It's not the mud. It -might- be the gmcp mapper script updating the current room.....
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would definitely mess things up.

Use #map flag nofollow on and your problem should be fixed. See #help map.
Xozes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandum wrote:
That would definitely mess things up.

Use #map flag nofollow on and your problem should be fixed. See #help map.

Problem with that is, my doors are no longer processed when I move manually. :/

X
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will add this to my todo list and think it over.

One solution is stopping GMCP/MSDP updates while running, only enabling nofollow while running, or using larger (or no) delays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: