TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

substitute a space

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techman246

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: substitute a space Reply with quote

in older versions of tintin++ i had a substitute take affect to all lines to make sure they had a space before hem. this kept the word "username" from being pronounced "sername"
here is the code i used

Code:
#sub {%*} { %0}  {1}
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it doesn't work anymore ?
techman246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: nope Reply with quote

When I do that, tintin throws a bunch of errors at me, I could post them if you are interested.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That code works for me.

Does it give issues only when you are connected to a MUD ?

If you use that command in a plain clean tt session (not connected and without scripts) does it still gives errors ?
techman246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: works before connect Reply with quote

it seems to work fine in a plain tt session, but when i connect to a mud using #session it breaks
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't reproduce...

Can you try with another MUD ?

If it crashes only on one MUD maybe the issue can be found on the lines the server is sending to the client.
moire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about
Code:

#act {{^.*}} {#echo {%s} { %0};#line gag};
techman246

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: didn't work Reply with quote

when i tried
Code:
 #act {{^.*}} {#echo {%s} { %0};#line gag};
i got the following message
Code:
(Your client appears to be sending a strange username. If you use a soundpack, it's likely it has failed and sent a trigger to the MOO instead of your username. Please check your soundpacks and triggers and try again. If you believe this to be in error, please contact us at hosts@toastsoft.net)

otherwise the offending file is as follows

Code:

`sub {%*} { %0}
`sub {A voice comes over the speaker and says,} {%1}
`
`sub {%1's voice comes over the intercom, saying, "%2"} {%1, "%2"}
`sub {%1 press a small button mounted on the wall and say, %2} {%1, %2}
`sub {A small console nearby flashes for your attention. A quick glance reveals that %*} {%1}
`
`sub {You take a quick glance at a %*, noting that the %* is %* and that it %*} {A %1 has an %2 of %3. It %4}
`sub {You take a quick glance at a %*, noting that the %* is %*. It %*} {A %1 has an %2 of %3 and %4}
`sub {The computer announces, %*} {%1}
`sub {"%2 objective %3. Return to base."} {%2 %3.}
`sub {A %* flight control scanner announces, "%*"} {%2}
`sub {The computer reports %*} {%1}
`sub {Via the TransLink network, the LoreTech device %*} {%1}
`sub {%* beeps quietly, indicating that its TransLink tracking functionality has been activated.} {%1 has been tracked.}
`sub {A %* message board reader beeps %* that %*} {%3}
`
`sub {%* at an empty %* for a moment before deciding that it's hardly worth keeping. With that in mind, %* it to the ground, where it shatters into several pieces.} {%1 at a %2 and %3 it to the ground.}
`
`sub {%* locking onto %*"} {%2}
`sub {%* locked on %* Firing.} {%2}
`sub {You access a %* portable point unit and note you have %* license points %* combat points.} {You have %2 LP %3 CP}
`sub {You press a button on a large planetary mining drone. A recorded voice lightly whispers, "%* for minerals of value. %*"} {%1... %2}
`sub {A recorded voice on a large planetary mining drone whispers, "%* Please scan another area."} {%1}
`sub {A recorded voice on a large planetary mining drone says, "%* Please return it to the equipment platform."} {%1}
`sub {A recorded voice on a large planetary mining drone says, "%* Please scan for another suitable location."} {%1}
`sub {A recorded voice on a large planetary mining drone whispers, "%*" You set it on the ground and watch as it begins carefully digging.} {%1}
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the symbol "`" at the beginning of every line ?
If your file contains that and is the first loaded, then the command character becomes "`" and not "#" anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: