TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

can we kill the whole .tin file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawang10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: can we kill the whole .tin file Reply with quote

we can read .tin file by #read xx.tin

but is there a way to delete all the content of xx.tin?

The only way I can think of is to put all the content in a class by #class open; #class close.

But, here is a problem. #class cannot be nested, if there is another class in it, like
#class a open;
#class b open;
#class b close;
#class a close;

#class a kill cannot kill in this case.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it's too complex even killing a single class, for example if you have just a CLASS that defines an ALIAS that creates an ACTION, and you kill the class, only the alias will be killed, not the action...

You should create your own killing function that will include everything that can't be killed by the kill command.

And anyway you should use a class, because using the READ command will just add everything to the current session, and the only "kill" command in this case is #ZAP... that also terminates the session...
dawang10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually, I do alias {#ac {#unac} } to avoid a new action still exists.

It seems I need to use #class separately in a tin file. after #read, #class kill the class I don't want..
F-3000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My every .tin-file are like this:
Code:
#class default_aliases kill
#class default_aliases open

[ lots of code... ]

#class default_aliases close

This way, all I need to do is #read the file, and it kills it's own class before recreating it.

Why would you need a class inside a class, dawang10? Have you tried killing class B before killing class A?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: