TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

#map at and #map exit clarifications, please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTPPfan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: #map at and #map exit clarifications, please Reply with quote

TinTin++ #help is not very clear on what the following two map commands do: #map at, and #map exit.

Code:

#map at       <location>  <command>    (execute command at given location)
#map exit <exit> <COMMAND|DIRECTION|FLAG|GET|NAME|SAVE|SET|VNUM> <arg>

What does #map at do, exactly? When, why, and how does #map at execute a command at a designated location? What's a location in that command exactly? A room vnum?

I know that #map exit <exit> {command} <arg> can be used to execute one or more commands when the exit direction command (e.g. 'e', 'w', or 'u') is entered, but I have no idea what the others do. I can kind of guess what each #map exit sub-command does, but instead of blindly trying out and experimenting all on my own, I would rather ask on the forum, especially for others later on who may need these #map commands.

What does #map exit <exit> {DIRECTION} <arg> do?

What does #map exit <exit> {FLAG} <arg> do?

What does #map exit <exit> {GET} <arg> do?

What does #map exit <exit> {NAME} <arg> do?

What does #map exit <exit> {SAVE} <arg> do?

What does #map exit <exit> {SET} <arg> do?

What does #map exit <exit> {VNUM} <arg> do?

Some good elaborations on each of the commands above, with examples, would be greatly appreciated.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Examples:
Code:

#map at {NAME/VNUM} {COMMAND USED FROM THAT ROOM}

#map at 1 {#map move n}

Creates a new room to the north from room 1, even if you are not actually in room 1.

These commands are mainly to set/correct manually things that are automatically set by the other commands:

This will put (visually) the east room to the north instead, independently from how the two rooms are linked together. (If east room is linked to east exit then you still go there going east)
Code:

#map exit e {DIRECTION} n

This tells in what room you go if you exit east.
Same as "#map link" (without the "both" argument)
Code:

#map exit e {NAME} kitchen
#map exit e {VNUM} 2

This saves most info about the exit in a variable
Code:

#map exit e {SAVE} {variable}

This is like "#map exitflag" but uses only numbers to indicate flags
Code:

#map exit e {FLAG} 2

These commands put something in the east exit data,
and retrieve that in a variable.
(That data is visible using "#map exit <direction>")
Code:

#map exit e {SET} {someinfo}
#map exit e {GET} {variable}
Slysven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#map exit <exit> flags is a bit map to modify the exit in that direction - as far as I can remember two bits are defined in the normal code:
    "1" means hide exit (or at least the stuff beyond it) - also controlled with #map exitflag hide
    "2" means avoid using exit for route-finding - also controlled by #map exitflag avoid
I had a hacked TinTin++ that never made it out into the wild with an enhanced map system which amongst other things had the ability to draw a door (line across) on the detailed map which used the "4" value (and put a cross on the exit line for the "2" value).

#map exit name sets what is entered to go in a particular direction - it effective IS the exit direction and identifies that exit - whereas #map exit command sets what is sent when that direction is USED. So to rename an exit you'd use #map exit <oldName> name <newName> ...! Cool and to really confuse someone else you could give them a map where you had changed some west exits with #map exit w command e and east ones with #map exit e command w and they'll think they are looking in a mirror Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: