TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

dynamic macros

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: dynamic macros Reply with quote

Hi i would like to do something like this:

#var {KEY_F1} {\eOP}

#macro {$KEY_F1} { some actions }

but this not work any ideas why??
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are on a Mac I know that keys F1-F4 are reserved for some OS functions, there should be some way to release them, but I don't know how
Slysven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a system that I used to use on multiple platforms (Cygwin & Linux) and the codes for many keys (Function, Arrows Keypad. etc.) were different. I used a series of well named #ALIASs to hold the commands I wanted to execute, e.g. when I was running a Map Display on a second PC using the #CHAT and a home-brewed protocol system to load a map from a network shared ramdisk onto the second machine I had this sort of thing:
Code:
#ALIAS        {^KM_AltF11$}
{
   #nop AltF11 macro - switch off external map;
   #if {&{extmapper}}
   {
      #action {^<CHAT> MAPPER chats to you, '0:DEACTIVATE OK'$}{#nop Created by KM_AltF11 macro;#map flag vtmap on;#map flag asciigraphics on;#math topwin {($esr_rows-$
botwin)/2};#unsplit;#split $topwin $botwin;#variable fs_display split;#UNACTION {^<CHAT> MAPPER chats to you, '0:DEACTIVATE OK'$};#nop line gag;ShowInfo}{5};
      #chat {MESSAGE} {MAPPER} {DEACTIVATE:}
   }
}
{5}

and then used a straightforward #ALIAS to create/destroy the short #MACROs for each platform to invoke the corresponding KM_XXXX alias:
Code:
#MACRO        {\e[23;3~}
{
   #nop AltF11;
   KM_AltF11
}
This made it trivial to switch when I changed OS - in fact I think I even ran a #SYSTEM during start-up that detected which was in use and did the #MACRO creation auto-magically. Splitting the key detection from the code it runs like this makes it simpler to manage IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: