TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Changes in \e[0m line terminations, linux, in 2.01.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perlsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Changes in \e[0m line terminations, linux, in 2.01.2 Reply with quote

I have always had \e[0m at the beginning of every line, as far back as I remember. For example, here's the raw log of me logging out:

Code:

ESC[0mStasis Unit tells you, 'Rent will cost you 2499 credits per day.'
ESC[0mStasis Unit tells you, 'You can rent for 1108 days with the credits you have

Now, on 2.01.2, I get

Code:

ESC[0mStasis Unit tells you, 'Rent will cost you 2499 credits per day.'ESC[0m
ESC[0mStasis Unit tells you, 'You can rent for 1108 days with the credits you haveESC[0m

Why did ESC[0m suddenly start appearing at the end, as well? I saw a similar complaint from this forum from Sep 2016 dealing with OSX. Did something get changed that updated this behavior on linux as well?
perlsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't particularly hard for me to adapt to, but I'd hate to change it for one version and have the change revert for 2.01.3.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing changed with my MUD, I compared a log from both versions and I can't see differences

Maybe it's a last minute change at the server ?
perlsaiyan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I see it in 2.01.1 and not in 2.01.2, it's definitely tt++, i've swapped between the versions repeatedly today.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using #config color patch?

I changed color patch so it would also fix color bleeding issues, so the terminating \e0m is new.
perlsaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was it, thanks. There still seem to be some changes with regards to #echo \ when I prepend information to the beginning of lines, but this is good enough for to me to get back on track.
Slysven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the uninitiated the sequence "\e[0m" where '\e' is the ACSII Escape character is the SGR (Set Graphics Rendition) code to reset the text to default colours and features (turn off bold/dim/underlined/italics etc.)...

IIRC in fact, technically even the '0' might be superfluous and could be omitted as it is the default value and assumed if nothing else is included before the 'm' that classifies what the sequence does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: