TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Using #cursor set when using #split

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new_to_tin_tin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Using #cursor set when using #split Reply with quote

I have a split at the bottom where I can type text in. When I use
#cursor {set} {sometext}

It correctly queues up that text, so that when I press enter it's sent to the MUD, but I guess I was expecting it to also show up where I type things in the split, at the bottom of my screen. Tried putting cursor home first, clearing the cursor, and redrawing, and none of the commands put the text where I type commands.

I ended up using #showme {sometext} {0} to put the text on the command line, which works great. Funny thing is it appears as if doing cursor set right before showme like this:
#cursor {set} {sometext};
#showme {sometext} {0};

ends up putting the cursor set and the showme where I type commands....

This is fine, it works to get the point across that this is pending and if I type something else "sometext" will be before it, but it offends my OCD a little bit.

So I guess I am trying to find out am I using the cursor set command correctly? Is it not designed to do what I'm expecting (put some text on the input line, when I have split on)? Is there some better way to do this?
new_to_tin_tin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add, since it's probably very important, #cursor set is being called from an action when I have a lot of text coming across my screen.

When I just type #cursor set {sometext} and nothing is happening on my screen it works as I expected. It correctly puts the text on the input line at the bottom of my screen.

And now that I type this out, maybe this is a bug....just don't know enough about how it's supposed to work....
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a problem with your terminal emulator?

It's an error that's hard for me to reproduce.
new_to_tin_tin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandum wrote:
Could be a problem with your terminal emulator?

It's an error that's hard for me to reproduce.

It appears in .63 version of putty and in Blackberry SSH. I'm accessing machine running Ubuntu. But not really a huge deal to me, just figured I'd ask in case I was doing something wrong...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: