TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

WinTin++ Color Support Please Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirgraz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: WinTin++ Color Support Please Help Reply with quote

I have a few questions about the Windows WinTin++ 1.96.0 How do I get full color support? It does not seem to display bright or dark colors or blinking text. Is this a limitation with the terminal that it comes with?

I am a bit confused and I am now downloading CYGWIN to see if I can get the original TinTin++ to work with the proper color support. Again if I follow directions on the download page for CYGWIN am I still going to be limited by the VT100 Terminal? Do I need to download a proper ANSI terminal in order for it to display colors properly?

Sorry if this is a bit hazey...
Mirgraz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want is to run WinTin++ with proper color display and full screen toggle. Then it would kick ass =)
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the README file in the wintin++ directory. It shows how to use PuttyCyg for better terminal support Smile
Mirgraz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I did manage to stumble onto Puttycyg however now the text speed is alot slower and there is no way to save my puttycyg settings. The speed in the default terminal that comes with Wintin++ is much faster. Hell Zmud is faster than this puttycyg.exe terminal. This is where I wish I had linux installed or something. Why does there always have to be issues? Smile Is there any other terminals that work with Wintin++?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides PuttyCyg there isn't really an alternative.

You can save the Putty settings by selecting default, clicking load, and then clicking save after making your changes.

Though rxvt doesn't support blinking text (though it double bolds the text I think) all other colors should work okay. What exactly are the issues? It's possible to mess up color support if you change the short cut btw.

I'll have another look at it just in case I messed something up fiddling around with it during the last update.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some experimentation I discovered that tintin++ runs faster in Puttycyg when using screen. Screen however requires Cygwin to be installed. I've got no idea what exactly causes the increase in speed.

screen.exe for cygwin can be downloaded at: dellelce.com/code/screen

A useful application of screen for tintin has been discussed previously as well:

http://tintin.sourceforge.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=67&highlight=screen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: