TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

crash on spam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bencze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: crash on spam Reply with quote

Hi!

I am using current version (as far as I can tell, installed it a couple of weeks ago).
It crashes when reading in a lot of info. Like I am moving verbose mode 50 directions with speedwalk.
I know those situations can usually be avoided but I keep forgetting and crashes aren't nice.
It is no trigger or anything, I tried without reading any script and it does the same for me.
Average for a room description is maybe 5-6 lines of text.
Any way this can be fixed, with some setting, or anything?
Mud is mud.lysator.liu.se 2000 if it matters.
I reproduced the bug by moving s from login area (church), and doing a 66e on the east-west line (move 27w first).
It's a pretty big mud, some aliases to areas are long.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most likely the mud disconnecting you for input spamming.

If you use aliases it's best to create paths and run with a slight delay, for example to move with 0.1 second intervals:

Code:

#alias {here2there}
{
    #path load {n;e;n;w;s;u;d;w;u};
    #path run 0.1
}

#path load doesn't support speedwalk notation, it's on my todo list though.

It may also work to enable brief mode while speed walking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: