TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

The whip bug. Solved, it is a feature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: The whip bug. Solved, it is a feature. Reply with quote

Ok, this bug cause 100% CPU load and a freeze, tintin++ process begins to consume up to 380 MB RAM . Then I see extremely massive amount of yellow/red debug msgs scrolling, then tintin++ collapses.

I am on Win XP SP3 ENG, wintin++ 2.00.5. (putty). Also this bug works well on the same machine with wintin++ 2.00.6 (mintty).

How to reprocude:
Launch wintin++, no need to connect to a mud, though you may connect. You may load your main.tin or begin with an empty setting.

#var target rat
#alias whip {whip $target}

then type: whip <enter>

Why I use this? I play achaea mud, bought myself a whip then created the whip alias to kill my actual $target.

Last edited by corda on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you execute 'whip $target' all it does is call the whip alias, which in turn calls the whip alias, until you overflow your memory stack. It's not a bug as some people will want to call an alias recursively.

The easiest work around is using:

#alias whip #send whip $target
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: