TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Problem with losing the bottom #split line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markar

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Problem with losing the bottom #split line Reply with quote

I had been using an older version of tt on putty/cygwin on Win7 for a long time without problems, and then had no problems with a newer version of tt on Fedora (still connected over SSH with Putty), but have recently been having problems with the latest version of tt over cygwin.

I read Karvec's post and tried the suggestions in there without any luck; I set my Cygwin startup script to use TTY, I turned off ansi on the mud, tried adding a new line to the prompt (as well as disabling the prompt), and tried using rxvt. I also tried setting a bunch of different options in the Putty config without any luck.

The only thing I have been able to change is how long it takes for my #split line to break. Disabling the prompt makes #split fail almost instantly, and adding the new line allows the #split to work for a few minutes. I also tried using #prompt to capture and display the prompt on line 2 of #split 10 2. Is there anything else that I have forgotten to configure when setting up putty/cygwin/ssh?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried setting something like: #config {packet patch} {0.5} ?

Also double check by logging in without any triggers set to make sure it's not one of your triggers causing the problem.

If you have an easy way for me to reproduce the bug I'll look into it.

Edit: I also made some changes in the beta that may have fixed this problem:

http://tintin.sf.net/download/tintin-beta.tar.gz
Markar

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks for the suggestion Scandum. I took your advice and loaded the mud up without any settings from my run script. I then loaded each of my #reads individually and tried to break the prompt. After half an hour of testing or so, I found the real problem.

The culprit is actually my hp bar trigger, which is as follows:

73 #ALIAS {hp}
74 {
75 #IF {$rounds > 0}
76 {
77 #math rounds $rounds-1;
78 #math totalRounds $totalRounds-1;
79 };
81 #Showme {You hit x 1 time for 1 damage.};
82 #send hp;
83 };

None of this code would normally seem buggy, but I am actually using that #showme statement to trigger off of and display the rest of my custom hpbar with another #showme command followed by a #line gag.

This second #showme command makes use of hardcoded ansi, such as <118>$dmgdealt<178>(%2), and I believe this is the part that is breaking my #split command.

I'll tinker with these settings some and see if I can figure anything more out and keep my custom hp bar. Your response time was amazing as usual. Thanks Scandum!
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, it's #showme triggering a #showme that's causing issues, it's fixed in the beta and for the next release.
Markar

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, excellent. That will save me a lot of work rewriting my code to allow for my custom hpbar.

Is the beta version up for download yet? I downloaded a copy from http://tintin.sourceforge.net/download/tintin-beta.tar.gz but the version is the same as the main release up on sourceforge and the version that I'm currently using (v2.00.6).

Edit:
Just saw your edited post with the new beta link, downloading it now to try it.

Edit 2:
I downloaded and compiled the beta from the link on this thread, but my nested #showme commands are still breaking split. The version is still coming up as 2.00.6 though, so I wonder if I'm still not using the most up to date version.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be I messed up during the upload.

Try again at: http://tintin.sf.net/download/tintin-beta.tar.gz ?
Markar

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the copy from that link and set it up in another folder but I'm still getting version 2.0.0.6 on the splash screen. Is there another way for me to check that I'm actually running the correct beta files?

I checked the dates with ls -la on files in /src and see many files updated on May 15th, but I'm not sure if that's just from them being used when I ran ./configure or make.

I tested again anyway, but still having the problem with #split. I made sure that I wasn't overwriting the tt++.exe when copying my settings over, and also ran it from the src directory first without any settings to check the version number.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't change the version number, the modification data of the files is a good indication though of when the last changes were made.

I'm having no luck reproducing this. Could you show me an easy way to reproduce this?

I fixed the bug that was causing the following commands to mess up split mode:

Code:

#split
#act {bla} {#showme bli}
#showme bla
Markar

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The code you pasted matches the pattern that I have been using to test this, aside from the #showme command being nested inside an #alias.

I just tested #act {blah} {#showme bli} #showme blah example as a guest on my mud using my beta install, and it still broke the #split.

If you've got that problem worked out in the copy you're working with, I think it will fix the issues I'm having as soon as I figure out how to get the copy running on my setup.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did another beta update, this time with a beta version number, so hopefully that'll help make sure it's not the wrong version.
Markar

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grabbed the latest version of the beta and confirmed the version number; everything is working fine for me now. I'm still not sure why the previous versions of the beta weren't working, but I've run this version with all of my old settings for about an hour now without running into any problems.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: