TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Colorized Logoutput helper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Finished Scripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zypop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Colorized Logoutput helper Reply with quote

I recently had a problem that when I would take a line and echo "part" of it to a log file, I would often miss some of the colors or have no colors at all... I decided to directly control the console colors... so I took the console colors and converted them into VARS, so I just call the var I want to specify the color I'm looking for...

Code:
#nop Formatting Options... NOT ALL are supported by every term

#var text_reset {\e[0m}

#nop TEXT AFFECTS
#var bold_on {\e[1m}
#var bold_off {\e[21m}
#var dim_on {\e[2m}
#var dim_off {\e[22m}
#var underline_on {\e[4m}
#var underline_off {\e[24m}
#var blink_on {\e[5m}
#var blink_off {\e[25m}
#var reverse_on {\e[7m}
#var reverse_off {\e[27m}
#var hidden_on {\e[8m}
#var hidden_off{\e[28m}
#var strike_out_on {\e[9m}
#var strike_out_off {\e[29m}

#nop TEXT COLORS
#var c_default {\e[39m}
#var c_red {\e[31m}
#var c_green {\e[32m}
#var c_yellow {\e[33m}
#var c_blue {\e[34m}
#var c_magenta {\e[35m}
#var c_cyan {\e[36m}
#var c_light_gray {\e[37m}
#var c_dark_gray {\e[90m}
#var c_light_red {\e[91m}
#var c_light_green {\e[92m}
#var c_light_yellow {\e[93m}
#var c_light_blue {\e[94m}
#var c_light_magenta {\e[95m}
#var c_light_cyan {\e[96m}
#var c_white  {\e[97m}

#nop Background Colors
#var b_default {\e[49m}
#var b_red {\e[41m}
#var b_green {\e[42m}
#var b_yellow {\e[43m}
#var b_blue {\e[44m}
#var b_magenta {\e[45m}
#var b_cyan {\e[46m}
#var b_light_gray {\e[47m}
#var b_dark_gray {\e[100m}
#var b_light_red {\e[101m}
#var b_light_green {\e[102m}
#var b_light_yellow {\e[103m}
#var b_light_blue {\e[104m}
#var b_light_magenta {\e[105m}
#var b_light_cyan {\e[106m}
#var b_white {\e[107m}

Here is the example on how I'm using it... I am sure it has much more useful applications that I leave to you:

Code:
#nop Remove Chat from standard dialog and place in log file
#action {~^\{chan ch=%+\}%*$} {#line log $log_file {[${c_green} %1 ${text_reset}] %2}; #line gag;}

This takes a chat "channel" on aardwold and drops it into a separate log file. It preserves the original colors of the text AND adds a color coded channel specifier to the text... I coded all the chat channels to output in GREEN.. (i use other colors for announcements, auctions etc...), I was just trying to show an example... Here is a line of output from this action:

[ tech ] Turie Tech: Fiendish: I have one right now.

It kept the original colors, and I called out a custom color "green" for my channel indicator. Note don't forget the ${text_reset} otherwise the color you select will color ALL text.

Also note not very feature is supported by every term. For example "blink" does not work in gnome-terminal, but does in kterm. So if you are having a problem with something working make sure your term supports the feature. To find out more and what your terminal supports you can find it here http://misc.flogisoft.com/bash/tip_colors_and_formatting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Finished Scripts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: