TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Curious...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lashni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Curious... Reply with quote

Not at all an important question, just curious if anyone knows the cause of the following.

Whenever I build the tintin source I encounter strange behaviour with input. Connecting to a modified dikumud (Arctic) in unsplit mode, typing anything wipes the text from the current line (the prompt) and moves the cursor to the start of the line.

Although I'm mudding through konsole (kde xterm) the same behaviour occurs in the console. I'm currently using pclinuxos 0.93a with readline 4.3, termcap 11.0.1, libtermcap2 2.0.8 but I've seen the same behaviour in my lfs builds (readline 5+) and slackware.

The slackware binary provided works perfectly and doesn't display this behaviour.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be something related to your script and the vt100 bar artic has.

Enabling and disabeling #split (possibly in a script) while having the infobar on will likely mess up cursor placement.

If you use the same script with the different binaries I wouldn't know what is causing the problems.
lashni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not script related, when I was trying to resolve it the only entry in the script was...

#ali {ar} {#sess ARCTIC mud.arctic.org 2700}

Which worked fine with the slackware binary anyway, was mostly just wondering if it was a known issue that I couldn't find in the docs or google... no matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: