TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Remapping mud colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandenison84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Remapping mud colors Reply with quote

I dislike white on black on web pages as well as telnet sessions. It is extremely hard on my eyes. How would I go about remapping my mud's colors? I realize other colors might suffer, but I can actually turn off colors on my mud so it is all white on black. How would I go about inverting that in tintin to say black on white?
dandenison84

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I can answer my own question -) There were actually a couple of solutions. One is a combination of my terminal program and mud. I turned off mud colors and created a profile for byobu + tmux of dark on light and it worked fine.

Using tintin, I could do a version of #high {~%0} {reverse}. But that solution isn't perfect. I get inverted text, but only to the extent of the text, if that makes sense. If the text is 10 characters long, I'll get those 10 characters as black on white and then surrounded by the regular black background.
Slysven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the background and foreground of your terminal is inherited by TinTin++ so the quickest would be to ensure you have suitable arguments to the command that invokes the terminal (e.g. I tend to use "-bg grey10 -fg grey75" as some of the arguments to xterm...) or if you can compile "xtermcontrol" you can change the colors on the fly before you start TinTin++ (maybe even within with a #system/#run, though I suspect that returning from the shell would reset the colors back again. Blink )
g0rm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use tintin with black on white, within a regular xterm: xterm -bg white -fg black. The mud itself let's me set my background, so that I don't have white on white. However, for instance tintin's help is in parts still white on white, since the color codes are hardcoded in it seems.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a script on the website for setting default colors.

http://tintin.sourceforge.net/scripts/colorutils.php

For example:

#showme \e]P7AF5F00 <078>white;
#showme \e]PFFF8700 <178>light white

This should change white to orange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: