TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Question on Mapper File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new_to_tin_tin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Question on Mapper File Reply with quote

I'm trying to understand the mapper file format.
Quote:
C 70000

CE <078>
CR <178>
CP <138>
F 72

I 32519

I know what the C is, and that CE/CR/CP stay the same for every mapper file. But what does F 72 and the I 32519 mean. If I had to guess I'd say the I stands for "in", meaning the VNUM of the room you are in when loading the mapper. If I'm loading a mapper file that I exported from another Mud client what should I set "I" to have it just be the default?

I've been getting two weird errors when running Tintin off an exported map so I'm trying to figure out what I am doing wrong with the file format.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F contains global flags.

'I' is the room you were in when saving the map. It's safe to omit the 'I' field.

Ecstatic
Slysven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CE, CR, CP are the tags for the color strings for Exits, Rooms and the highlight used for a Path when you do a map (or path?) run. They are set with the #MAP COLOR [ROOM|EXIT|PATH] <color string> command.

R are the room data items and the E immediately after are the Exits FROM that room...

The F value represents the same as the #MAP FLAG option for the whole map with the following bitwise values:
1 Static
2 VTMap
4 VTGraphics
8 ASCIIGraphics
16 ASCIIVnums
32 MUDfont
64 NoFollow

I've been experiementing with various things with the Maps part of the code and added a V <tintin release version> at the begining of my map files - meaning a plain vanilla TinTin++ will halt at the first line and moan! Having also added other things:
    a User controllable "Select" flag {which highlights such flagged rooms in a user definable color - by an extra option of SELECT to the above #MAP COLOR command, stored in the map file with a CS "tag"}
    the ability to set a different color string for the exits for each area - effectively giving the detailed #MAP FLAG ASCIIGRPAHICS ON maps colored rooms by area, I use CA for a total count of different areas followed by a list of A for Area name, room count and color string to use for that area...

... it's not surprising I'd want to know which version I'm loading - but I do put all MY add-ons after the normal stuff so the plain vanilla could still read the file but stops at these extras if you took out the V line at the start.

On the whole, files from earlier versions can be read by later versions of TinTin++ (some changes in particular were made with versions 2.00.6/7 & 8) but it is less likely that map files from later versions can be read/used by earlier ones - so I think a system for version marking map files would be a GOOD idea especially for people who may share their map files with others....
new_to_tin_tin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, this is very helpful!!!

I see there is a way to add weights to a room, is there any way to add a weight to an exit instead or level lock, avoid an exit?

There are some rooms which are ok to go to, but I should go South (the key is impossible to find and you don't need to). And in other cases there are two exits from the same room which lead to the same room, but I'd prefer to use one over the other.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try something like:

#map exitflag <dir> avoid

This will make #map find #map run ignore that exit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: