TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Help with Auto Clear in Terminal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Help with Auto Clear in Terminal? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I just switched from a PC to a Mac, and I was looking for a good MUD client, and found Tin Tin.

I have a question:

I want to be able to basically "spam" commands into the terminal, but whenever I enter a command, it is 'deleted', or cleared, and I have to type it again.

For example, if I'm walking, I want to be able to type 'east' once, and then just hit enter 10 times to walk east. Instead, right now, I have to continuously type 'east' 'east' 'east' and so on.

Is there a way to turn off "auto clear" when hitting the return key?

Thanks!
Aix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: I think it's called local echo, but how do i turn it on? Reply with quote

I think it's called Local Echo, and I see the #Echo option in Tin Tin, but when I type that, it does nothing?

Anyone help?

Thanks!
Slysven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can use "#CONFIG {REPEAT ENTER} {ON}" so that the Enter key repeats the last command, but you should find also that the 'up' and 'down' arrow keys will scroll through the list of things you have entered in the past so you can repeat anything you have typed by hitting enter when you find the thing you want to reuse. Also for the example you give you can also use "#10 east" to repeat sending "east" 10 times, or, specifically when "Speedwalking" is enabled with "#CONFIG {SPEEDWALK} {ON}" you can enter a list of movements (see the output to #PATHDIR to see what the currently set ones are) with preceding numbers if required to spam a long route, so for the case you give you would just use "10e"...

Hope that gives you some ideas!
Slysven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#ECHO is used to display text to you the user, e.g.:

Code:
#ECHO {Hello world!}
Hello world!

#HELP is your friend in TinTin++, its not complete but should give you some pointers - e.g. "#HELP ECHO" will tell you a bit more about the above command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: