TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

saving variables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dorian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: saving variables Reply with quote

is there any way to save variable into a separate files? i case of ie. list of item/friends for different characters ?
Slysven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had exact this issue recently when I had an associated array (called "roomcoding" with over a hundred entries each with around 7 sub-elements) that I use to define symbols for my map. Editing it outside of TinTin++ in a script file was horrendous but I found that I could write it out using #LINE LOG to write out each sub-element on it's own line, and using \x7b and \x7d for the '{' and '}' that TinTin++ uses around those elements when it writes them to a file - I could then edit individual elements and then reimport them into a live, running instance of TinTin++ with a #READ {<filename>}.

For a single value variable you can simply use:
Code:
#line {log} {<filename>} {#VARIABLE \x7b<variable name>\x7d \x7b${variable name}\x7d}
where <variable name> is exactly that, no '$' prefix, no '{' '}'s and <filename> is whatever you want though a .tt or .tin ending is suggested.

For a more complex case involving arrays with numeric indexes and also associative arrays with named sub-elements you need to iterate through those sub-elements - for my case where each outer element of my variable has several (in this case the same repeated list of sub-elements but this need not be the case) I can dump the entire thing in an easier to edit form with:
Code:
#ALIAS        {^dumproomcoding$}
{
   #line {log} {<filename>} {#VARIABLE \x7broomcoding\x7d \x7b};
   #list {outer_keys} {CREATE} {$roomcoding[]};
   #loop {1} {&{outer_keys[]}} {outer_index}
   {
      #line {log} {<filename>} {\x7b$outer_keys[$outer_index]\x7d\x7b};
      #variable {element} ${roomcoding[$outer_keys[$outer_index]]};
      #list {inner_keys} {CREATE} {$element[]};
      #loop {1} {&{inner_keys[]}} {inner_index}
      {
         #line {log} {<filename>} {    \x7b$inner_keys[$inner_index]\x7d\x7b$roomcoding[$outer_keys[$outer_index]][$inner_keys[$inner_index]]\x7d}
      };
      #line {log} {<filename>} {\x7d}
   };
   #line {log} {<filename>} {\x7d};
   #unvariable {outer_keys};
   #unvariable {inner_keys};
   #unvariable {outer_index};
   #unvariable {inner_index}
}
{5}
Note that the secret here is to create a #LIST of the values or keys that go inside the '['']' for each bit of $<variable>[<outer_key>][inner_key] so the results for me is:
Code:
#VARIABLE {roomcoding} {
{aggroveg}{
    {a}{V__}
    {c}{Vegetation}
    {f}{0}
    {m}{⚘}
    {n}{Vegetation: Aggressive!}
    {p}{⚘;}
    {t}{Unspecified(Hostile)}
    {w}{10.00}
}
{ancient}{
    {a}{T_A}
    {c}{Vegetation}
    {f}{0}
    {m}{ A}
    {n}{Tree(s): Ancient.}
    {p}{ A}
    {t}{Tree(Ancient)}
    {w}{2.00}
}
{angry}{
    {a}{T_A}
    {c}{Vegetation}
    {f}{0}
    {m}{ A}
    {n}{Tree(s): Angry.}
    {p}{ A}
    {t}{Tree(Angry)}
    {w}{2.00}
}
{armoury}{
    {a}{A $}
    {c}{Shop}
    {f}{0}
    {m}{A ⌂}
    {n}{Armoury: all types for sale here.}
    {p}{∫ ⌂}
    {t}{Armour}
    {w}{1.00}
}
lots more elements not shown...!
{writhing}{
    {a}{G__}
    {c}{Vegetation}
    {f}{0}
    {m}{}
    {n}{Vegetation: writhing (aggressive) grass, so don't walk on it!}
    {p}{;;;}
    {t}{Grass}
    {w}{20.00}
}
}
One note of caution I would offer is that if you are handling strings of text contain color codes you will have to get a bit clever to preserve them in a <999> type form - maybe by using a replace to change '<' and '>' into their \x## forms (the values "escapes" me for the moment Laughing ) if a regexp detects a "<###>" in the sub-element.

I hope that this gives you a starting point - you may also consider whether #CLASSes could offer an alternative solution to your requirements... Coffee
Azirek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorian: How read variable from file?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Script Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: