TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Line/Color Bleed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerthompsonmusic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Line/Color Bleed Reply with quote

My friend has a mud he's designing and has no problems with any of the clients he tries, including wintin++ and tintin++ v 1.99.8 (running on linux)

I'm running tt++ v 2.00.8 on my mac air. I'm seeing lines bleed and color bleed, so my prompt ends up being something like

[Thai says]: test), SP:(16909/16909), MP:(16938/16938), Tgt:(None):

I also get this message from his map display:

============= LOCAL MAP ==============
!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!0!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[0;32m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
========================================

and the [0;32m doesn't belong...

Lastly i'm getting colors bleeding through, his default text is green, it intermittently makes my command echo green and default text in other muds green

(All of these problems are intermittent, it's never consistent, but if I try any command about 10 times, it'll bleed, and the color problem is pretty persistant)

So my question is what's not playing nice? He's not having problems from a tt++ side but i'm not getting problems on any other muds, could tt++ be bleeding lines together from only a mac side? Maybe it's my terminal window?

Thanks in advance for the help
tylerthompsonmusic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: My friend is able to reproduce the issue on other muds, not just his using tt++ from linux v 1.99.8

However on the muds he can reproduce the problem, i can't, and visa versa
Slysven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I'm not an expert in that area but have you tried adjusting the "#CONFIG {PATCH PACKET} {value}" from its default of 0.0 I've heard that a value of 0.5 (seconds I think) can help with some situations...

There is also a "#CONFIG {COLOR PATCH} {value}" where value is "on" or "off" (the default), though it is not clear exactly what THAT does! Confused
tylerthompsonmusic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the packet patch config set to 0.5 starts echoing commands above my #split, it also doesn't seem to have an effect on the bleed problem, I haven't tried the color patch though, definitely will
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: