TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Suppress informational messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbigtaco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Suppress informational messages Reply with quote

Similar to how #config verbose toggles messages while reading in script files, can we get it to gag the add/removal informational messages just also in general? Or if not, could an additional config value be added to control this? (or verbosity level similar to how applications have DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, etc messages and you can set down to what level of verbosity you'd like to see)

The #act, #alias, #delay, #var, #gag, #class, #path (everything except show), #tick, etc... and all their corresponding #un's informational messages when you add/remove can get spammy when inlined in scripts. Right now I'm noticing it mostly because I'm running two sessions simultaneously, and when the session without focus does #<focus_sess> #act {etc} and so on, it's causing a lot of visual spam in the session that currently has focus, for something I'd like to function transparently (except when I'm choosing to also provide visual feedback via echo).
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give some examples?

I guess I can make scripted session switches silent, though that may be confusing. You can gag the handful of messages related to session handling however.
mrbigtaco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you the details of my specific situation where I'm having issues in a private message.
balthus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add a "me too" request on being able to toggle/mute all feedback messages.

For example, I have a script that monitors which zone of the mud I am currently in, and attempts to #READ <zonename>.tin zone specific scripts when I move from one zone to another.

Under normal circumstances I'd want to know if a file wasn't being read, but as I only have zone specific scripts for a few areas I don't care in this case if one isn't found for the current zone. #READ will always produce a fail message when it doesn't find a file, and there doesn't seem to be a way to silently identify if the file exists before reading it (without resorting to using #SCRIPT).

There are other similar examples where I am not bothered if a command fails, and I have also noticed the issue mrbigtaco mentioned where switching between sessions tends to spill out messages.

Would be nice if we could #CONFIG VERBOSE {SILENT} or #SILENT {#COMMAND yadda yadda} or something similar.
atraeyu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tested this much yet, but I have noticed this behavior when reading in files as classes.

Even after I have set:
Code:
#config {VERBOSE} {OFF};

I still see the messages:

Code:

#OK:   1 ALIAS LOADED.
#OK:   1 CLASS LOADED.
#OK:   4 VARIABLES LOADED

However, I only see this message the first time the class is loaded during a session, even if the class was killed (which should remove it from tintin completely).
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only see this if you use #read manually, not when something is loaded by an alias or action.

I'll make it so you won't see these messages with #message all off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: