TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Spell checker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flush

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Spell checker Reply with quote

Hi,

sorry if I'm asking about something that was mentioned a million times before, but neither Google nor the forum search find any answers. Perhaps it is because it's so trivial. Is there a spell checker in tt++? I really like the client, but playing an RPI MUD, it's really important for me to minimise the number of spelling errors as far as possible.

Thanks in advance for your responses,

don'tknowwhatmyusernamewas
Slysven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a spell checker per say however you can pre-load the tab completion system with "#TAB {word or phrase to remember}" - for instance I did a script that remembered other player names between sessions so that I could retype them again if I needed to.

Whilst tab completion means that during a session words that get encountered from descriptions etc. do get learnt and can be recalled by pressing tab after entry of a few letters this is not going to stop you misspelling things.

Also, of course, if we were to have a spell-checker what languages should be supported and where? For instance I tend to play a MUD that has a American server and immortals so commands have to be in American English, nevertheless as a Limey I will do my communications in British English so in one case I would need to use Gray but in the other I would naturally say Grey - so determining whether something is spelt correctly will not be a black and white issue for a MUD client. Smirk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: