TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Last line of the scrolling area (split mode)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Citramonum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Last line of the scrolling area (split mode) Reply with quote

Why the last line of the scrolling area is handled so weird? It is always blank (never used) when the page is scrolled up or down. Also, It looks like it is not used when new strings are printed out, except for MUD's internal prompt string, so usually there is 2 empty lines to the bottom split separator. It looks ugly and wastes screen lines.

It seems to be like input area line taken from non-split mode and unusable now, but we already have one under the bottom separator?

Or, is there a way to disable bottom split area, leaving just upper one for mapping?
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in theory possible to get rid of the blank line, but it would complicate an already complex process.

In my experience I would end up fixing problem 1, which would create problem 2, and fixing problem 2 would create problem 3, and fixing problem 3 would create problem 1, and then I'd be back to square one.

In other words, my intelligence is insufficient to grok all of that aspect of tintin, so I'd rather not mess with it.

Another problem would be that many people wouldn't like losing that blank line, so then I'd have to add a config option, and I don't want tintin to become one of those programs with 500 config options.

You can use: #split 20 0 to get rid of the split line however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: