TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

[SOLVED] How do I display commands "after" an acti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davevnj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] How do I display commands "after" an acti Reply with quote

Here's the scenario:
I'm triggering on my prompt, parsing it, and based on a command queue, possibly sending a command.

The problem is really cosmetic...
When the action is triggered, the line hasn't actually been displayed yet. So if I do a #showme to show the command that I'm executing, it is displayed before the prompt line.

I'd like to reverse this somehow. Any ideas?

Last edited by davevnj on Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
mleo2003

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my limited experience with Tintin scripting, easiest solution would be to but a (small) delay before the showme command, and it should work. No time to test that now, but in theory, a less than 1 second timeout should be more than enough to do what you want.
mleo2003

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a little more thought, I figured out another solution for you to try.

If the delay suggestion doesn't seem good enough for you, you could do this: Use another showme to show the line you are triggering off of first, then your response. Of course, that would require you to gag the original triggered line, to prevent duplicate displays.

The only other option I could think of was if Scandum changed the source code and made it where Tintin first printed out the line recieved from the mud, then printed any reactions sent to it. I don't know how practical that would be for him, but I do know that he prefers solutions involving scripting over changes to the code, but then again, he may think that is a good enough suggestion to implement. After all, it would make more sense in log files if you saw the line that triggered an action before you saw the response to the action.

Hope all this has helped.
davevnj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

just added a #delay {0}
see this post: http://tintin.sourceforge.net/bb/viewtopic.php?t=222
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mleo2003 wrote:
The only other option I could think of was if Scandum changed the source code and made it where Tintin first printed out the line recieved from the mud, then printed any reactions sent to it.

I'll look into it sometime. It's a bit tricky though since substitutions, prompts, gags, and highlights need to be dealt with as well. It's probably best to leave things as is and use #delay 0 where desired.
davevnj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, don't change things. As soon as you do, I'll want to display something before the prompt. Big Smile I can do both now, so let's not break that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: