Joined: 04 Aug 2014
|Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:03 pm Post subject: GUI Editor for Maps - just something I'm thinking to do
|Let's start saying that I don't know when I'll do it, so this is just a thread to aggregate ideas, and I just have some vague ideas on how to realize it, anyway here what I have in mind:
1) It should be just a GUI using TinTin++ as a backbone engine
2) Maybe I'll use Free Pascal, or some other open/multi-platform (easy) language
3) The Map aspect/use should be similar to the zMud mapper, where you can move rooms with the mouse and the joining lines will follow them...
How to realize it:
1) A stand alone executable that can open a Map file, let you do all the tinkering, and then save all the TinTin commands required to modify it in a file, so you can #read it with TinTin...
OR maybe starting the executable from TinTin itself to send commands directly ? I don't know if it's possible...
3) This can be tricky... as far as I know the rooms in TinTin maps are all stick to each others, and are managed in a "optimized way for play", while in the graphic map you should be able even to move them "for the eyes only" without actually change their physical location...
A loaded map should be shown in it's totality, every room must be visible, with an arbitrary disposition...
Maybe a "project file" associated to a "map file" can save the visual disposition of the rooms, to make thing easier for some future editing...