TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

strange debug mesage? (bug squished)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davevnj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: strange debug mesage? (bug squished) Reply with quote

This is an elusive one... not really a problem, but I'm just trying to figure out if it's something I should worry about or not.

I set up a command queue so that I would limit myself to only executing one command per prompt. It's actually going to turn into a sort of priority queue due to the awesomeness that is Lusternia, but this is the first step and here's what it looks like:

Code:
#ALIAS {queue}
{
   #LIST {prompt_next_cmd} {INS} {-1} {%0}
}

#ALIAS {exec}
{
   #LIST {prompt_next_cmd} {LEN} {temp_len};
   #IF {"$temp_len" != "0"}
   {
      #LIST {prompt_next_cmd} {GET} {1} {prompt_last_cmd};
      #DELAY {0} {#SHOWME {$prompt_last_cmd}};
      $prompt_last_cmd;
      #LIST {prompt_next_cmd} {DEL} {1}
   }
}

exec is called every time I see my prompt. Here's what I generally expect:

Prompt>
command

What I get every once in a while is this:

{command}
Prompt>
command

That first "{command}" is what I can only assume to be debug output, as it seems to have no affect. To add to the mystery... If I use PageUp and PageDown to scroll the buffer, the {command} line dissappears. It is also not present in the log... So... where did it come from? and where did it go?

Last edited by davevnj on Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a quick look at the source code but can't find anything that may be causing this. Let me know if you find a way to reproduce the error consistently.
mleo2003

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, someone else actually thought to do this too. I do the same thing, but haven't experienced that particular error with previous versions of Tintin. I'll have to watch for it from now on.

BTW, I did the priority thing myself, just used separate lists, and checked them in order. I also use 2 separate categories of Command Stacks (just my name for them): Regular and Combat, so I'm not sitting there still spamming things to die, or where I'm not still trying to walk when someone jumps me. Let me know if something stumps you, and I'll show you all what I did. Who knows, you might be able to show me how to better do some things too Smile
davevnj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same thing where I have 4 lists currently. I just fixed something here after thinking through it again, but after parsing the lists, if all the lists are empty. I go into an autoheal routine which will queue commands for any afflictions that I may have. If the queues are still empty, I go into an autoattack routine. The trick was to not let these last two routines overqueue things and lose track of state.

Anyway, back on topic, I think I have this reproduced fairly consistantly now... I'm going to try and trim out the bs to a minimal test case. Again, it's not causing any problems, it's just weird.
davevnj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: finally reproducable... Reply with quote

Code:
#act {blah} {#send {test}}

Then do a
Code:
#showme blah
to fire the action

You'll see {test} in the scroll buffer, and the command will actually send "test" to the session. Scroll the buffer up, and back down (PageUp, PageDown) and the {test} will mysteriously disappear. Also the {test} is not present in log files.

Another quick test, the {} around "test" don't matter, whatever the send command executes appears in the buffer upon execution and disappears when refreshed.
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. To fix it remove the printf on row 334 of misc.c.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: