TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Simple Map Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Finished Scripts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atraeyu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Simple Map Display Reply with quote

I wasn't getting good behavior out of tailing my map file, so I wrote a small bash script that does exactly what I want:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

MAP_FILE='map.txt'
MAP_SIZE='map_size.tin'
REFRESH_RATE=.25

while [ "true" ]; do
    echo \#var MAP_ROWS $(tput cols)\; > $MAP_SIZE
    echo \#var MAP_LINES $(tput lines)\; >> $MAP_SIZE
    clear
    cat $MAP_FILE
    sleep $REFRESH_RATE
done

It writes the number of columns and lines in the map display window to a tintin file, which can then be read by the map event, that way the map is always written in an optimized size for the window:

Code:
#event {MAP ENTER ROOM} {
    #read map_size.tin;
    #map map ${MAP_ROWS}x${MAP_LINES} map.txt;
};

I saw a couple posts where people were having trouble with tail, so I thought I'd share.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Finished Scripts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: