TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

#split and ansi weirdness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpekas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: #split and ansi weirdness Reply with quote

When on any kind of #split, #showme {\e[2J} makes it so the split lines disappear and can only be restored by #unsplit;#split
Packet patch doesn't seem to matter - i've tried from 0.5 to 3 with the same result.

Also \e[H seems to bug the output when in #split: if it's contained at the start of a block of incoming text, most of the time the
block of text will be split and have empty lines in it - this display problem only shows up in #split and it goes away by scrolling up/down.

I tried to grab said block of text( http://pastebin.com/j28AnC8u ) and put it in a #showme, but i can't reproduce the problem.

To reproduce, connect to retromud.org 3000 and when done with character creation, try 'condition long' with #split(might take a few tries)

As a simple workaround that i'm using the following subs, but i would really prefer a way to display/handle \e[2J / \e[H correctly.
Code:
 #sub {~\e[2J\e[H} { } {1}
 #sub {~\e[2J} { } {2}
 #sub {~\e[H} { } {2}

Edit:
-I've tried on the latest and beta versions.
-color patch doesn't have any effect
Scandum
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be an idea to strip these out while #split is enabled as it's kind of annoying. Will add this to my todo list.

Using #sub is the only solution at the moment, packet patch and color patch solve different problems.
Slysven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far anyone else's information those codes {"\e[" is ANSI's Esc code Command Sequence Introducer} are:
In Wikipedia it was wrote:
CSI n ; m H
CUP Cursor Position
Moves the cursor to row n, column m. The values are 1-based, and default to 1 (top left corner) if omitted. A sequence such as CSI ;5H is a synonym for CSI 1;5H as well as CSI 17;H is the same as CSI 17H and CSI 17;1H

CSI n J
ED Erase Display
Clears part of the screen. If n is 0 (or missing), clear from cursor to end of screen. If n is 1, clear from cursor to beginning of the screen. If n is 2, clear entire screen (and moves cursor to upper left on DOS ANSI.SYS).
So for the J case, when in split mode, only the main area ought to be cleared - but that and the relocation around the screen of the H case is a bit hard to accommodate in something that isn't quite a text terminal. It sounds as if the MUD server is trying to provide a "screen" editor environment and to switch back to a line mode afterwards - like the *nix vi {or vim} "visual editor" does.

My thought is that it shouldn't do that unless it has been told it CAN do so - is there any way you can tell the server not to (e.g tell it - I'm using a dumb terminal not a VT100 emulation - or report a bug to the MUD operator to say - please don't do that for TinTin++ clients - that is if they do use MTTS or even support Telnet TTYPE option negotiation)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: