TinTin++ Mud Client The TinTin++ message board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TinTin++ Mud Client

Function Keys F1 Through F4 Fail to Macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormdragon2976

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Function Keys F1 Through F4 Fail to Macro Reply with quote

Pressing ctrl+v followed by F1 gives the following key sequence
Code:

\eOP

Even if following the example in the #macro help file of #macro {(press control+v)(press f1)} {commands} fails to propperly set it, because when pressing F1 everything fails. This is the same with f2, f3, and f4. Starting with f5, everything works as expected. With f5 through f12, the key sequence is much differnt. Pressing ctrl+v followed by f5 yields:
Code:

\e[15~

The macros bound to those keys, f5-f12 work when the key is pressed. So, I am wondreing what is so different about f1-f4. Is the terminal maybe reporting the wrong sequence? Or is it tt++ is not parsing them correctly?
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean with "everything fails" ?

The codes associated to the keys are dependent to the terminal used, so a macro set for xterm could non work on lxterm or on Cygwin terminal...

Also many terminals don't even support combinations with ALT,CTRL or SHIFT

Once I lost my mind trying to search for a pattern... http://tintin.sourceforge.net/board/viewtopic.php?p=8615#8615
stormdragon2976

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerGod wrote:
What do you mean with "everything fails" ?

The codes associated to the keys are dependent to the terminal used, so a macro set for xterm could non work on lxterm or on Cygwin terminal...

Also many terminals don't even support combinations with ALT,CTRL or SHIFT

Once I lost my mind trying to search for a pattern... http://tintin.sourceforge.net/board/viewtopic.php?p=8615#8615

Even though it gives the sequence, it fails to set the key, and then of course the commands bound to it do not execute. This is just f1 through f4, no shift, no control.
PowerGod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe those keys are already mapped for other programs with a higher priority (or the OS) ?
F-3000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac OS X has bindings for F1-F4 naturally, so if you're using Mac, that could be the reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The TinTin++ message board Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: